Sia-Elastic Heart
Why am I just now building a solid interpretation to the dance shown in the music... It's not a mind blowing one, but the video starts with a male and a female.
The female instinctively fights the male even when he isn't fighting back even when he is trying to soften his approach and get close, At one point she leaves the cage and watches him and he even leans out reaching for her, he could CHOOSE to walk out to react to his anger physically but he doesn't, instead he crumbles; he gives up.
It is only then that she runs forward and into his arms trusting him, learning him, studying him, she knows they are meant to be more than in a cage meant to be more then fighting, she tries to lead him out the cage but he refuses, he can leave but he won't, he watches and clings to her but doesn't do more then watch as she struggles to pull him out, both stuck in the loop.
It's almost like a love story of self-sabotage and, both have to be willing to trust, both have to be willing to learn, and both have to be willing to leave the cage. love cannot be contained in a cage even if it starts that way. Both should be free and trust that their partner will be there by their side.
Reminding me a lot of the way I used to love and trust people... it took me over 10 years to realize that I lead with fear and self-sabotage first before I trust, but the partner's I pick fear me too, they fear my boldness, they fear my freedom, and they fear me leaving hence why they themselves choose not to leave the cage...
Is this how music is supposed to be looked at probably not.
Do I think Sia would like my interpretation... possibly...
Anyways I just had to write this out... who knows might be important to someone, might give you a reason to go watch the dance again. that's the beauty of interpretive dance; it's up to the viewer.
𖤐 ✦ 𖠷 ✦ 𖤐
Comments
Post a Comment