How Far?
How far are you willing to go? Do you want this? Do you want me—with all my damage, my baggage? How long will you stay? Am I enough for you? Will I ever be enough? These questions loop endlessly, tightening around my chest until it’s suffocating.
But answer me this — how far?
Will you do what it takes to repair what you broke, or is the task just too much?
It always seems too much. How do you break something, then grow frustrated at how long it takes to repair it?
Why were you so careless in the first place?
When glass shatters, expect to get cut. Expect it to take time. And if you haven’t realized it yet — expect to learn a new craft. Because glass pieced together with super glue will never last. No — you have to learn how to weld, how to reshape glass.
And that requires emotional intelligence.
It’s belittling to know that I sacrificed my emotional safety and my mental sanity tenfold for those I once called lovers. Because I would do **anything—everything—**to rebuild trust, love, and foundation with the people I care for and love around me. Yet that same effort was rarely returned.
I wish I could go back to who I was before the break. Before I built the wall.
But I can’t.
And the fact that you’re shocked — even offended — that I would protect myself now is disrespectful. If I returned the energy I was given, many of you would never speak to me again.
But I digress.
There is nothing worse than chaining yourself to hope mixed with sadness. So I let it go. Now I chain myself to self‑liberation and freedom. The girl you once knew is gone.
Enjoy this pity letter — because you all killed her.
And in her place,
I stand.
Goodnight — and thank you for readiing
Z𖤐 ✦ 𖠷 ✦ 𖤐z
Comments
Post a Comment